20 Things About Me – Miss Linda
February 16, 2011 in 20 Things About Me
1. I had a six-cup-a-day coffee habit and quit, cold turkey, about three years ago. I haven’t had a drop since. That doesn’t mean I don’t want a perfectly pressed cup of coffee made from freshly roasted Stumptown beans, but I can’t trust myself with it yet.
2. I’m a New Yorker, a downtown girl. I can go for months without ever traveling above 14th Street.
3. I smize really well. Thank you, Tyra.
4. A few years ago, I taught myself to knit. I only make scarves. Really, really, really cool scarves. There are only so many scarves a gal needs or her husband will put up with (“Are you making another scarf? Really???”), so I started telling him that I was making them for friends. When I’m done, I hide the scarves in my stash and try to wear them on days when we won’t be outside together.
5. My favorite food is lamb. I once ate six lamb chops in one sitting, with no sides or utensils.
6. Although I have a drivers’ license, I can’t remember the last time I was behind the wheel of a car. Maybe 2006? And another ten years before that? But I am an excellent navigator.
7. Speaking of driving, my mother drives me crazy and I’m turning into her at a rapid rate.
8. It takes me a long time to warm up to someone, but if I don’t like you, I know it immediately.
9. I’m forty.
10. My sister is forty-one and lives in Boca Raton with her husband, two kids and a dog. There. Now you know her as well as I do.
11. I prefer wine to beer or liquor, but after the day I’ve had, anything will do.
12. The family took a trip to Disney World when I was fifteen. My mother wanted to take a picture of me and Goofy standing in front of the giant silver orb thing in Epcot Center. Goofy put his arm around my shoulder and asked if I wanted to hang out after my parents went to bed. My mother kept yelling, “Get closer together! Stand closer!” I think I still have the photo.
13. I want to visit Chernobyl. As in, that would be my dream vacation. I blame Reagan and Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
14. I am culturally Jewish but religiously atheist, which means I make a mean matzo ball soup and celebrate all gift giving holidays.
15. My favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut. I bought one of his silkscreens. It says, “If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don’t have the nerve to be gay, the least you can do is go into the arts.” He was a very wise man.
16. I prefer style over function. This means I have every Apple product ever made as well as many, many incredibly uncomfortable shoes.
17. I am both a lawyer and a graphic designer. I know, I know, it makes absolutely no sense.
18. My best feature? The ta tas. They really are spectacular. Traffic has stopped, catcalls have been shouted, and men have had entire conversations with them.
19. Yes boys, keep lingering on Number Eighteen.
20. You’re still not paying attention to anything I am saying, so I’ll just go now.