20 Things About Me – Jamaica007
January 24, 2011 in 20 Things About Me
2. Sometimes things are in plain sight, but often we’re overlooking the obvious hoping for something greater. What sort of question would you ask when trying to get to know someone? Check your lists, for the answer is there. You just have to ask the right question.
3. I am liberal, conservative, assured, indecisive, pensive, contemplative, reserved, shy, outgoing, narcissistic, hopelessly romantic, yet unromantic and of many personalities as the mood strikes.
4. An adventurer at heart, filled with passion behind a self-imposed fortress, I sneak out on occasion to see if all is right in the other world. I have a skewed perspective of living outside the box to ensure that the box is indeed shaped correctly.
5. I play very well with others, provided that I want to play with you. Sorry, not everyone is a good playmate. The playmate usually has to come referred or somehow piqued my interest on some level or degree of intrigue.
6. Sometimes I love visual stimulation as much as mental exercise. So instead of flipping through magazines, I capture memories so I may later interpret with words to help me remember special moments. Aside from that, I do enjoy moving pictures and have an extensive collection of entertaining to romantic, as well as perversely erotic, to pass time.
7. Of all the forms I love, a woman’s body is my favorite, followed by flora.
8. Most would say I am an extremely private person—somewhat of a recluse. I’m not being private so much as I am observing. It’s very difficult to walk amongst the crowd at exactly the right pace so that I can observe without drawing attention. It is quite interesting how often people are oblivious to what is happening around them until it happens to them.
9. This year, as I am one year older, I think I’m finally finding peace. I am consumed by desire for my soulmate, amazed by our willingness and openness towards each other – the joys of our children and how each day I smile, I cry, I laugh, and I love, knowing how they, too, feel and give that love.
10. I enjoy the simple pleasures such as courtesies, silence, the ocean, and the company of good friends and family.
11. I find it quite peculiar how people generally divulge so much and still fail to address and consider the audience, consequences, and surroundings. I suppose that is why the gossip columns are so successful.
12. I cook, and enjoy preparing, feasts.
13. I do enjoy watching a sport. Football, no not American football, but the one that somehow the rest of the world calls football and Americans have defamed and renamed soccer.
14. I am honest and always stick to my firm code of ethics.This is pretty true to my astrological sign, from what I have gathered from those who follow those things. Hard to discern since I have not spent much time trying to understand Astrology, but I do find it fascinating at times.
15. I have a curious fascination, insanely inquisitive, and thrive on quest of knowledge and the extent by which we may be bound to conceal or reveal as appropriate, just enough to quench the thirst and urges of the obnoxiously intrusive so they may move sprightly on their way.
16. Jamaica is my home, while Spain holds my heart. I’m almost insanely obsessed with the covert Fleming world whether through the literature or moving pictures. I have been molded and groomed by the suave and debonair style of his leading character. A well-dressed man and silver-accented tongue. . . . My, the possibilities that emerge.
17. I have many influences from childhood, subtle the hues, but vivid the colors, but at times just blue. Back when schools actually made children read, memorize and analyze in elementary school. A bit archaic you think? When there was music and art classes to help develop the abstract and expand to a realm or rational and irrational thoughts that taught us how to dream and create. Yet puzzling, fantastic, absurd, humorous or real, authors such as Dickinson, Uris, Kafka, Salinger, Shelley, Heller, Burgess, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald and others inspired us to find our own person to reason and question, most importantly to think.
18. Driven by my emotional me, my tastes range from the eclectic to the eccentric. However, at times I fall into patterns, which I use for consistency and that seemingly normal perception and borderline boring persona to thwart attention from my chaotic world.
19. I would rather write than speak and prefer observing and listening than incessant ranting.
20. I, too, will pass, but as long as my thoughts are formed to words and transformed to digipad, I will always continue to live.