BJonston’s Guide To A Romantic Evening Using Jazz And Bubble Bath
Ok friends, check this out. It’s cold outside. Maybe it’s snowing. Maybe you want to stay in and cuddle with your special someone. Maybe you just want to stay in and get fucked up and maybe cuddle with yourself.
Either way, the next time you’re feeling romantic, do this and let me know how it goes.
- You and if you can/want to, one or more romantically inclined partner(s)
- Bathtub and bubble bath.
- Alcoholic beverage of your choice and/or your preferred smoking material.
- Access to music (iTunes works well to access the music) and a sound playing device of some sort (i.e. an iPod with speakers).
(i) (This is the most important part) make the following mix of Jazz songs, most of which are available on iTunes. Arrange them in the order in which they appear below:
1. The Maids of Cadiz—Miles Davis—Miles Ahead
2. La Paloma Azul—Dave Brubeck—Love Songs
3. These Foolish Things—Chet Baker Quartet—Jazz in Paris. Vol. 53: Chet Baker Quartet Plays Standards
4. Danny Boy—Bill Evans—Bill Evans For Lovers
5. The Nearness of You—Stan Getz—More West Coast Jazz
6. Moon Dreams—Miles Davis—Birth of The Cool
7. But Beautiful—Bill Evans—Bill Evans For Lovers
8. Tonight I Shall Sleep With a Smile on My Face—Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto—Getz/Gilberto (Disc 2).
9. Django—Modern Jazz Quintet—Django
10. My Man’s Gone Now—Bill Evans—Sunday at the Village Vanguard
11. Autumn in New York— Chet Baker Quartet—Jazz in Paris. Vol. 53: Chet Baker Quartet Plays Standards
12. Flamenco Sketches—Miles Davis—Kind of Blue
13. Changes—Miles Davis & Milt Jackson Quintet—Miles Davis & Milt Jackson Quintet/Sextet
14. You Go to My Head—Chet Baker Quartet—Jazz in Paris. Vol. 53: Chet Baker Quartet Plays Standards
(ii) When you get home from work on Friday, fill the bathtub and add bubbles.
(iii) Light some candles and dim the lights.
(iv) Open a bottle of wine (I prefer red but white works too, if that’s your thing. Also—beer, bourbon or Scotch can be used as well, depending on your preference).
(v) Get in the tub with your honey (or by yourself if that’s your thing) and play the above-referenced jazz mix. Sip wine/beer/whiskey or any other beverage of your choice. You may also choose to smoke something, if that’s your thing.
(vi) Sit back and enjoy!