20 More Things About WhyAmIHere
January 4, 2010 in 20 Things About Me
2. whyamihere is not some great philosophical question. It was originally meant to be witty. More like “Do you know why I am here on wordsmoker?” Now I look at it and realize it is droll.
8. I may not agree with you, but I respect your right to your opinion. I do not think that having different opinions prevents us from being friends.
17. I am registered as a Democrat; always have been. I rarely vote for Democrats.
3. I registered on Wordsmoker to post a comment but never posted it. I read my comment a few times and realized it would probably be misinterpreted, especially since it was about a rant and no one here knows me. Excepting the wordsmoker noted in #1 who does not know who I am.
5. I have never tried any illegal drugs. I just never felt the potential benefits outweighed the legal consequences if I were caught. I did take a vicodin once. It was after an outpatient surgery. It made me so loopy that I flushed the remaining 29 pills down the toilet.
16. Three quarters done.
6. I do drink alcohol, but I am careful to avoid getting drunk. I can be an asshole when I am drunk. I can be an asshole when I am sober but at least then it is a somewhat conscious decision.
7. I prefer Tennessee whiskey; only one brand. It is not bourbon. Bourbon is from Kentucky. I also like red wine, port and Guinness.
10. I do not think humans should kill humans, except in defense of self or others.
11. I am a married guy, but I do more than half of the cooking, most of my own laundry, and almost all of the ironing, even hers. I hate folding laundry and would rather leave it in the basket until I need it. I usually iron while she folds.
21. Sorry, I forgot there were only supposed to be twenty.
12. I read some of your lists. I like black licorice. The smell of tequila makes me nauseous. This is one of the reasons I try to avoid getting drunk. I do not know why anyone would take part in insect taxidermy. I can’t whistle and when I snap it is very quiet. I quick smoking and convinced myself it was disgusting. I now get nauseous around cigarette smoke. (The moniker FracturedAcetabulum makes me laugh every time I see it.)
9. I have been known to kill animals for my meals. If you do not like this then you should be a vegetarian. Humans are by nature omnivorous. Our entire digestive system, from teeth to anus, supports eating both meat and plants. I also believe that we are part of the food chain. If you do not believe this you should rethink your position or you may find that you have become food.
13. Anyone who thought either of the current wars would be quick has failed to read their history. D-day was June 6, 1944; we still have troops in Germany. It took almost ten years for remnants of the Nazis to stop attacking our troops in Europe. We still have troops in Japan, Okinawa, the Philippines and Korea. I voted for Bush but opposed both wars from day one. Once they started, I have always supported continuing them until they are finished.
14. I typed this on my phone.
15. I do not have an iPhone but I do have an iPod. I chose the iPod over another brand because of the number of accessories available. I have invested over $500 in those accessories. My son just got the newest iPod Nano and I was thinking of getting one for myself. None of the accessories will charge it. Steve Jobs is a dick.
18. I do not think the government should take money from people who work and give it to others who are physically and mentally able to work. I allow for a temporary exception for unemployment.
19. I think that a minimum wage is an artificial price floor that puts inflationary pressure on the market. It does not, and never will, provide a living wage either.
20. I am obsessive, anal retentive even, about grammar and spelling. I still make mistakes.
1. I know one of you, but I am not going to say who. I believe we should support our friends so I began lurking here to read that wordsmoker’s work. I will write another list when that person figures out who I am. Someone posted that they like a little intrigue; well here you go. If you don’t like this please reread #6.
22. I am definitely an acquired taste. I hope you give it the time.