20 Things About Me – Joielg
July 14, 2009 in 20 Things About Me
1. My father was the proverbial traveling salesman. He was peddling magazines when he knocked on my mother’s door 40 years ago. It was a short but productive relationship.
2. I’m a bookworm. I have been since I was a child. I’ll read the back of a cereal box if I have nothing else.
3. When I was eight I had a Donnie Osmond pillowcase.
4. My self esteem is closely related to my weight. I step on the bathroom scale a dozen times a day. For those of you who don’t know, one’s weight can vary wildly throughout the course of a day.
5. I’ve read The Stand by Stephen King 7 times.
6. The day my divorce was final I put everything I could fit in a backpack and caught a southbound Greyhound. Four hundred miles later I got off in a city by the ocean. I’ve been here ever since.
7. I like shiny things.
8. I have blonde hair, and sometimes I find it very convenient to play the dumb blonde card. Who’s fooling who?
9. I am a recovering alcoholic. I drank every day of my life for 18 years. I’m also a bartender.
10. I end up watching the TV Guide channel a lot because I can never decide what to watch.
11. My least favorite word is potential.
12. I’m extremely fickle, and I have a hard time setting goals.
13. I’m really excited about this trend toward self-sufficiency that is moving through the country. I secretly want to move to the middle of nowhere and raise goats.
14. My dog’s name is Lucy. She’s quite possibly the most ill-mannered dog on the block. Lucy jumps on strangers and chases bicycles. She growls at other dogs. Only a mother could love her.
15. I experience periodic bouts of insomnia. I should have been asleep two hours ago.
16. I have trouble peeing in public restrooms.
17. I had a baby when I was younger that I put up for adoption.
18. My favorite drink from Starbucks is a triple, grande, soy, latte.
19. When I was young I dated men who were far too old for me. Now that I’m almost forty I date boys who are much too young.
20. I commute by bicycle.