20 Things About Me – Fileunder
February 12, 2009 in 20 Things About Me
1. When I was 7, I fell out of a moving car, and to this day remember that Chuck Mangione’s ‘Feels So Good’ was on the radio as my sister was screaming my name. ( I was OK)
2. I can tell the difference between good and bad Ethiopian food.
3. I am 34 years old and have never weighed more than 135 lbs. [convert to kilos if you want, VwS]
4. I was in the Middlesex County (NJ) county spelling bee in 4th grade. [I came in 6th place]
5. When I get change back from buying something, all of my bills have to be in an upright fashion, in descending order, in my wallet.
6. My first boyfriend still pops up in my dreams, to this day – eight years after we broke up.
7. My idol growing up was French tennis star Yannick Noah – I had posters of him up in my room, which I took down after I found out he smoked pot and cigarettes. Today, I am a smoker but have only smoked pot a handful of times.
8. Brussels sprouts are my favorite vegetable.
9. I took the cover photo of a CD that was part of a box set, released in 1995.
10. I am VERY particular about how my clothes and underwear are folded.
11. I have Donald Trump’s autograph from when I saw him at the sidelines of the US Open tennis tournament in 1990 – I still have it!
12. I’ve never been arrested, though I can’t believe I haven’t been.
13. When I was 12, I had a traditional Hindu ‘thread ceremony’, which is kind of like a bar mitzvah. It means one is supposed to take responsibility for one’s actions and not supposed to have impure thoughts and marks a rite of passage in Brahmins [I have not followed this to the letter ]
14. Speaking of bar mitzvahs, I was kicked out of my friend Marc Salzberg’s bar mitzvah – the rabbi accused me of talking during the ceremony and I escorted me to the restroom, where I spent the rest of it the ceremony.
15. I was involved in a car accident while living in Washington DC and the then-mayor, Marion Barry, called me the next day to check up on me.
16. I had a Letter to the Editor printed in Time magazine when I was nine years old.
17. I tie my shoes the same way I did when I was four – with two loops tied together.
18. I have only been to 32 of the 50 states.
19. I once collected ‘squish penny’ souvenirs but stopped when I got 50 of them.
20. My pet dog growing up, Jo-Jo, hated me (but I loved him like crazy) and I have a couple of scars to prove it.
(you can still send your own 20 Things to wordsmoker (at) gmail (dot) – there’s a backlog, you know, but we’ll get around to yours in 2010)